Article 1858. General
(1) In the case of indemnity insurance, the insurer is under an obligation to indemnify the loss suffered by the insured or, as the case may be, by the victim on the occurrence of the insured event.
(2) In the case of indemnity insurance, the insured is the person whose interest is covered against loss. The same person may concurrently be a policy holder and an insured.
(3) Any person who has a right of any kind over the property has an interest protected against loss.
(4) The amount paid by the insurer under this insurance is called indemnity.
(5) Indemnity insurance includes property insurance, liability insurance, health insurance, credit insurance, guarantees and financial losses and others.