Article 388. End of a period of time
(1) A period of time specified by weeks, by months, or by a duration of time comprising more than one month (year, half-year, quarter) ends, in the case of Article 385(1), on the expiry of the day of the last week or of the last month which, in its designation or its number, corresponds to the day on which the event or the point of time occurs, or in the case of Article 385(2), on the expiry of the day of the last week or of the last month that precedes the day which corresponds in designation or number to the first day of the period of time.
(2) If the last month does not contain the day determined according to paragraph (1), the period ends on the expiry of the last day of this month.
(3) Where it is provided that a period of time is to last until a certain day, it is presumed that it includes such day.
(4) A period of time expires at 24:00 hours of the last day of the period. If the action must be made at an organization, the period expires at the hour when such organization, under the applicable rules, ends its working hours.
(5) Where it is shorter than one day, the period expires at the expiration of the relevant time unit. Sentence 2 of paragraph (4) applies mutatis mutandis.
(6) Documents lodged at postal offices or by telegraph before 24:00 of the last day of the period are deemed lodged in a timely manner. The lodging of the text of a document by teletype, fax, and other means of communication is equivalent to lodging at a postal office.