Article 482. Acquisition and exercise of possession
(1) Possession is acquired by the wilful exercise of the physical control of the property.
(2) A possessor of a right is considered the person who started to exercise it as a holder. The provisions on possession apply mutatis mutandis to possession of rights.
(3) Where several persons jointly possess a property, they are considered co-possessors.
(4) Where several persons possess parts of a property, they are considered possessors of the separate parts.
(5) Persons without active legal capacity and legal persons exercise possession by means of their legal representative.